Boost your bald cap knowledge during this two day, top level course. Bald caps remain one of the benchmark makeup skills across the film industry, making it a valuable talent to have. This course will teach you the fundamentals of applying bald caps in order to overcome three key challenges:
1. Managing the natural hair underneath.
2. Matching the skin tone.
3. Maintaining the look, all day.
Course Summary & Learning Outcomes
Working with the two most common bald cap materials – latex and vinyl – this extensive bald caps course is an opportunity to practice with both and will equip you with the essential skills needed to:
- Dress natural hair to create as flat and smooth a surface as possible
- Make a pattern of head and hairlines to ensure the best cap fit for your subject’s head
- Mix and match skin tones, creating an opaque base to disguise natural hair and adding the skin translucency afterwards
- Apply finishing techniques to create the authentic appearance of a bald head – freckles, pores, blemishes and more
- Troubleshoot on set problems, carry out bald cap maintenance and know how to fix them – minimising the appearance of wrinkles and folds, hiding bad edges and reducing the effects of errors and sweat
Is this Professional Training Experience Right for You?
Male or female, pro or career beginners, this hands-on, master course is ideal for individuals of all levels. The course is geared to advance your technical knowledge, whether you’re looking to learn new skills or refine the ones you have.
You will benefit from expert tutoring delivered by prosthetics professionals, while the course also represents an opportunity to network and connect with like-minded individuals in a proactive, productive environment. For career beginners, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Learn skills not taught in mainstream college and university courses.
Book Your Place, Today
To reserve your place for this world-class learning experience, call us on +44 (0) 1753 656 168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops hosted by Creative Media Skills cater for a diverse range of skillsets. Class sizes are kept to a minimum, encouraging interactivity and networking with like-minded professionals, while leaving space to tailor the course to your specific needs.