ScreenSkills Afro Hair Essentials
A 2 day online Afro Hair Essentials Course. The course is intended to be an introduction to various skills and techniques which will then empower you to continue to practice in your own time.
- 2 days
- Free +VAT
A 2 day online Afro Hair Essentials Course led by an experience trainer in afro hair. The course will be a practical experience, where the tutor demonstrates skills and techniques; which students will follow and practice.
Students will receive a ScreenSkills funded afro hair essentials kit, this includes a training head.
The below is a guide only as to what will be covered in the 2 day course:
- Discussion on different types of Male/Female afro hair
- Demo by tutor dressing out in curly afro hair alongside products orientation
- Students dress out curly hair on training head.
- Wash & Dry training head / Blow Dry
- Demo by tutor on straightening afro hair
- Straightening practical
- Braiding & Styling
- Theory & products to use
- How to plait hair & cornrow hair demo
- Students practical
- Supported by the ScreenSkills Film Skills Fund with contributions from UK film productions. ScreenSkills is the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen industries.
- Applicants to this course are required to have two years work experience in hair within film or high end TV or 5 commercial credits.
- Applicants will receive a ScreenSkills Funded Kit – but are expected to have basic hair kit items which are: Hair Clips, Hair Grips, a range of brushes, a range of combs, a range of hair bands (for Braids) a hair dryer, straighteners, and means to wash a training head hair ie tap, bath, water spritzer.
- Applicants are also expected to have connection to the internet and an integrated camera in their device of use as a minimum.
- Applicants will also need to be able to connect to the Zoom Video Conferencing Platform
- Applicants will also need to ensure attendance of a test session, along with the training sessions or they will receive an invoice for the full cost of the kit.
- Deadline for applications is the Tuesday 19th May 23:59pm. Any applications received after this day may not be considered.
This is not a course for beginners or people with little experience in hair.
To be eligible you are required to have a minimum of two years work experience in hair within Film or High End TV or 5 commercial credits. Evidence may be required.
PLEASE NOTE- DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES WE ARE RECEIVING WE WILL BE CLOSING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS COURSE ON FRIDAY 15th of MAY AT 16:59. PLEASE DO CONTINUE TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST WITH SCREENSKILLS HERE AS THE DEMAND WILL HELP SUPPORT FUTURE ITERATIONS OF THIS COURSE BEING RUN.
How to apply?
1.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email and contact details
2) Within 48 hours you will receive a short eligibility questionnaire which you will need to complete and return before Tuesday the 19th at 23:59pm.
3) Successful Applicants will be notified by Creative Media Skills by telephone. Unsuccessful applicants will receive an email.
4) In order to confirm your place, you must create a profile with ScreenSkills by clicking here. Your kit will not be sent out until registration is completed.