Course leader Terry Ackland -Snow began his career in the Film and Television industry in the Art Department at Danziga Studios in Elstree at the age of 18.
Having worked for more than 50 years’ on over 80 feature film and television productions, he has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience all of which he applies to his Masterclasses.
Starting as Junior Draughtsman, he worked his way from junior positions, up to Art Director, Supervising Art Director and finally Production Designer before deciding to set up Film Design International to give something back to the industry he is passionate about.
He has been in the Film and Television Industry for more than 40 years working with some of the best Art Department Technicians in the world.
His impressive resume includes highly popular and award winning films and TV Series such as: The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Superman II, Superman III, King David, Get Real, Batman, The Living Daylights and Aliens among others.
Some of his awards include:
- An Honorary Doctor of Letters of the University of West London
- On the panel of the British Film Designers Guild (BFDG) and previous Chairman
- On the Board of Cine Guilds of Great Britain
- A Member of the Broadcasting, Entertainment, Cinematographers and Theatre Union (BECTU)
- A Member of the Art Director’s Guild USA
- Has been an adjudicator for BAFTA (Crafts Category)